Payday loans are prohibited in PA as they place a definite ceiling on their small loans. At present, the small loan rate that is in use is $9.5 for every $100 that is borrowed annually. A service charge of $1.5 is also added to every $100 borrowed each year. Commonly, the laws and regulations pertaining to payday loans vary, primarily depending upon the licensing origins of the lender. As a result, it is important for borrowers to carefully review their lender's license and read through the payday laws of the state of origin in order to understand the requirements. Buyers are advised to confer with lenders before finalizing the transaction.
The Pennsylvania Department of Banking has been assigned as the official regulator of all short term loans within the state of Pennsylvania. You can establish contact with this organization using different means, as well as visiting their offices. It should be known that lenders within PA are usually licensed from different states, hence they regulated by their licensing state. As a result, it is always wise to keep in touch with the regulator of your lender.
Market Square Plaza, 17 N. Second Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
Phone: (717) 214-8343
Fax: (717) 787-8773
- One of the thirteen original states that formed the foundations of the United States of America. Its size is about forty-six thousand square miles and calls the City of Harrisburg as its state capital. Philadelphia one of its cities, served as the nation’s temporary (first) capital from 1790 to 1800.
- This land was formerly owned by Charles II of England and was given to William Penn, son of Admiral William Penn through a land charter grant. It was to satisfy a debt of Charles II to the Admiral in the amount of about sixteen thousand pounds. It would be equivalent to two million one hundred thousand pounds in today’s money. The grant was completed in February 28, 1861.
- It is in this state where America’s Founding Fathers came together along with twelve other representatives from the twelve colonies to form the nation’s First Continental Congress. This eventually led to the creation and the signing of the Declaration of Independence of America on July 4, 1776 from the British Empire. The American Constitution was likewise created here in September 17, 1787 to replace the Articles of Confederation of 1777.
- This is where the first university was created through the medical school of Penn State in 1765. The Pennsylvania Packet and Daily Advertiser was founded in 1784 as the country’s first newspaper. The first stock exchange (1790) and United States Mint (1792) was likewise established here. The Walnut Street Theatre was the first American theatre in 1809. The Academy of Music was the first opera house in 1859. Edwin Drake was able to establish the first oil well that same year in Titusville. Shopping enthusiasts would be happy to know that Wanamaker’s, the first department store opened its doors in 1877. It was in 1881 where Philipsburg became the first city to be illuminated by electricity. The Pittsburgh Pirates hosted the first World Series in 1903 against the winners, the Boston Red Sox. The world’s first computer called the ENIAC was built in Philadelphia in 1946. The Shippingport Atomic Power Station was the first nuclear generator in the country when it was built in 1957.
- This is where the Hershey Company is located. They are the makers of one of the world’s most delicious and well-loved chocolate bars: the Hershey Bar. They are also the same creators of the Hershey’s kisses. It is regarded as the chocolate capital of the United States.
- These are some of its other nicknames: the Keystone State, the Quaker State, the Coal State, the Oil State, the State of Independence.
- The following are some of the state’s symbols: white-tailed deer (state animal), milk (state beverage), Great Dane (state dog), brook trout (state fish), Mountain laurel (state flower), Ruffed Grouse (state game bird) and the Eastern hemlock (state tree).
- This is also regarded as the snack food capital of the world. It is the largest manufacturer of potato chips and pretzels. This is also where the cheese steak sandwich hails from. Henry John Heinz developed Heinz Ketchup here in 1876. Beer drinkers would be glad to know that Pottsville is the site of America’s oldest brewery. It has been providing beer since 1829.
- Steel was once produced here in the largest quantities. It was in Pittsburgh where most of the steel mills were located in. It generated a lot of jobs for the people in the community. This also led to the creation and inspiration for the National Football Team that was named as the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- The state is also known for producing mushrooms. It is the state’s agricultural contribution to the country. The revenue generated from mushrooms is an estimated two hundred fifty million dollars a year!
- One of the most famous American actors was born in Pennsylvania on May 20, 1908. His name was James Maitland Stewart. He is more known as Jimmy Stewart. The American Film Institute regards him as the third greatest male screen legend of all time. He was nominated for five Academy Awards. It is also worth noting that he had the rank of Brigadier General in the American Air Force Reserve during World War II. The 1946 film “It’s A Wonderful Life” is what he is best known for. He passed away on July 2, 1997 in Beverly Hills, California due to a blood clot in the lung.